IAS 2021 Scholarship Programme
The Scholarship Programme provides full registration to eligible and qualified applicants from resource-limited settings along with a complimentary two-year IAS membership – or an extension if you are already an IAS Member.
The programme supports individuals who contribute to the conference programme, along with applicants who are able to demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities.
Main round applications now closed
IAS Members have a deadline extension and can apply until 10 March 2021.
The Scholarship Programme is open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and who is at least 18 years old at the time of the conference. Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Delegates from lower-income countries
- Delegates who belong to key populations including people living with HIV.
Therefore, community representatives, healthcare workers, junior investigators and media representatives from resource-limited settings can apply for a registration waiver for IAS 2021.
Please note, only a limited number of scholarships are available and applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to also seek other sources of funding.
Media scholarship applicants will be asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents such as samples of their work and a letter from their editor.
The application process is entirely free.
- You can submit your conference or media scholarship application through the IAS 2021 conference profile from 15 January until 4 March 2021, 23:59 CET (10 March 2021 for IAS Members).
- Applications via email are not accepted.
- Your conference profile must be complete before you start a scholarship application.
- General delegates and abstract presenters who wish to request financial support to attend need to submit a scholarship application form and a letter of recommendation from a manager, colleague or peer.
- If your application form is incomplete or the recommendation letter is not submitted by 4 March 2021, 23:59 CET (10 March 2021 for IAS Members), your application will not be considered.
- If you are a media representative, you must complete the media scholarship application form and submit three samples of your work, as well as a letter from your editor by 4 March 2021, 23:59 CET (10 March 2021 for IAS Members).
- Once an application is submitted, the applicant receives a confirmation email containing the scholarship application number.
Applications will be accepted from 15 January to 4 March 2021, 23:59 Central European Time (CET). IAS Members have a deadline extension and can apply until 10 March 2021.
All applicants will be notified about the status of their application early May 2021.